Contact Us

Help Center

Navigating the world of travel documentation can be a daunting process, which is why those “in the know” count on G3. Find information on the latest requirements and answers to FAQs as you plan your travel.

General FAQs

Can I visit your office?

Yes, you are welcome to visit one of our offices around the country. Our offices are staffed with visa and passport specialists who are ready to help you with any travel document need. Please note that appointments are required to visit our offices in Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco, as visitors must be pre-registered with building security.

Can I have my application reviewed before I send it in?

Yes, this service is available as part of our Concierge Service, or as a stand-alone Document Pre-Check service.

I'm having a hard time with the India application. Can I get help?

Absolutely! As the application process for India is complex, G3 requires Concierge Service for all India visa requests. You'll be able to fill out a simple questionnaire, email it to G3, and your application will be filled out by an India specialist. Your completed application packet will be emailed back to you to print and sign. Concierge Service is also required for all visa requests for Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Where can I get passport-style photos for my application?

Passport photos can be obtained in many places, including many chain drugstores and office-supply stores. The most convenient and accurate way to get passport photos, though, is in the palm of your hand! We recommend two excellent photo apps for smartphones:

Passport Photo International is a digital photo app that incorporates the destination to ensure that the photographs meet that country’s photo requirements. The proprietary verification engine will ensure that your photo meets U.S. passport standards, or the visa application standards for any one of more than 70 countries. Download here for iPhone or Android.

For U.S. passport applications that require printed photos, Passport Photo Creator is a great option. This app is directly linked with Walgreens. You can use the app to take the photo on your phone, and the app will check to make sure it meets all U.S. State Department requirements. When you have selected your photo, you can send it to any nearby Walgreens to be printed and held for you to pick up at your convenience. Download here for iPhone or Android.

My company has a corporate account with G3. Can I also use G3 for personal travel?

You can certainly use G3 for personal travel, for yourself and your family, at your company’s preferred rates. You'll need to provide a personal credit card for billing.

Our company uses Concur to manage our business travel program. Does G3 offer Concur integration?

Yes, we do. For more information contact Diane Capetillo, Sr. Director of Implementation and Strategic Accounts at or 305.509.5256.

I am going to need a visa for a trip five months from now. Should I order my visa now?

Most embassies and consulates will not accept visa applications more than 90 days in advance of departure. If you want to obtain a visa more than three months before your trip, please contact G3 to discuss your processing options.

I emailed visa requirements to myself. Can I keep them on file and use them for future visa applications?

Visa requirements are constantly changing, and G3 updates our instructions as soon as the embassies and consulates announce any change to consular fees, visa requirements, or applications. To ensure you have up-to-date instructions, you should check our website when you are ready to apply for your visa.

Visa FAQs

What is a visa?

A visa is a document showing that a person is authorized to enter the territory for which it was issued, subject to permission of an immigration official at the time of actual entry.

What is an eVisa?

Some nations now offer electronic visa service. Instead of hand-carrying your passport book to an embassy or consulate, G3 is able to apply for your visa online. This means you can keep your passport in your own hands while your visa is in process! Your completed eVisa is a digital document that will be emailed to you for use on your trip.

What is the difference between a business visa and a work visa?

Business visas are issued to travelers who are visiting a foreign country on behalf of their US employer. Business visas are used for purposes like meetings, site visits, or conferences. Work visas, also called employment visas, are only issued if you will be taking a job in your destination.

Can I provide a photocopy of my passport to get a visa?

In almost all cases, your physical passport is required by the consular office at the time the visa application is made. The visa itself will be stamped or applied to a page in your physical passport book. The exception to this rule is the eVisa process. For an eVisa, G3 will use a scan of your passport instead of the hard-copy document.

Can I obtain a visa on arrival?

Certain countries allow visas to be obtained by travelers of select nationalities upon arrival into that country. Whenever possible, it is recommended to obtain a visa in advance of travel to avoid possible delays and complications that are subject to occur when obtaining a visa on arrival. Please review the visa requirements for your destination country or contact G3 for more information.

What does where I live in the U.S. have to do with processing my visa?

Some countries maintain multiple consulates in the United States, and each consulate is assigned a set of states to be their jurisdiction. Your state of residence will then be used to determine which consulate will process your visa request. Please note that visa requirements and processing times for a particular country may vary from consulate to consulate.

How do I know if immunizations are required for my trip?

If record of immunization is required for the issuance of a visa, this will be listed in G3’s Required Document Checklist. Often times, certain immunizations will be recommended for travel to particular countries, but will not be required for issuance of a visa. For an up to date list of recommended immunizations visit the CDC's website.

Do the pages in the back of my U.S. passport qualify as visa pages?

The pages in the back of a U.S. passport are used for Amendments and Endorsements made to the passport by the U.S. Department of State only, and foreign countries will not place visas on pages marked as such. Pages available for visa issuance by foreign countries say ‘Visa’ on the top of each page.

I need a visa but I’m a non-US national, can you assist?

If you are a non-US national who legally resides in the United States as either a Resident Alien (Green Card), or valid US visa holder, we can assist with travel outside of the US requiring a visa.

What is a Schengen visa?

Traveling on a Schengen Visa means that the visa holder can travel to any member countries using one single visa. This is particularly beneficial for persons who wish to visit several Schengen countries on the same trip. Visas must be applied for through the first Schengen country of entry, if multiple Schengen countries are being visited on a single trip. Schengen countries include Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, and Poland.

Passport FAQs

What is a Passport Book?

A Passport Book is a document, issued by a national government, which certifies, for the purpose of international travel, the identity and nationality of its holder.

What is a Passport Card?

The U.S. Passport Card is a card-sized version of your US passport, which verifies your citizenship and identity. It can be used for travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry. It can also be used inside the U.S. as a form of Real ID for purposes like boarding domestic flights or entering military bases or Federal facilities. The passport card is not valid for any international travel by air.

What is a Passport Acceptance Facility?

A Passport Acceptance Facility is typically located at a main branch post office or clerk of court. An authorized agent at the facility will review the passport applicant’s state issued photo ID, proof of citizenship, and passport application, and witness the applicant’s signature on the government form DS-11. To find a facility closest to your location visit

What should I do if I can’t find my Birth Certificate?

Certified copies of Birth Certificates can be ordered by contacting the Department of Vital Statistics in the state in which you were born.  Certified copies of birth certificates, under most circumstances, can be expedited through the online services offered by Vital Chek.

When can I renew my passport?

Passports are typically renewed when they have less than a year of validity remaining, or when they are recently expired. However, there is no such thing as it being “too early” to renew a passport. There are a number of reasons why you may wish to renew your passport long before it expires, such as having run out of blank visa pages or if your passport is showing signs of wear and tear.

We recommend that you renew your passport when it has 7-12 months of validity remaining, as many countries require travelers to have at least six months of validity on their passport to enter.

If your passport has already expired, don’t wait too long to renew it. You must renew your passport within 15 years of the date of issuance. If you wait longer than that, you will need to apply for a new passport using the New Adult Passport procedure.

Does my child need a passport to travel internationally?

All U.S. nationals, regardless of age, require their own passport for international travel.

My child’s passport is expiring. How do I renew it?

If your child is under 16 years old, you will need to use the same Minor Passport procedure that is used for a first-time child passport application. The only difference between getting a child their first passport or a passport for the second (or third) time is that you must also submit the expired or expiring passport.

If your child has turned 16 since their last passport was issued, they will use the New Adult Passport service to get their first 10-year U.S. passport.

Will the passport agency return my passport when I apply for a renewal?

Yes, as long as the passport is deemed to be in good condition, the passport agency will cancel the existing passport and return it along with the newly issued passport.

Can I fax or email G3 my signed passport application documents?

No, the U.S. Department of State requires documents with original, ink to paper, signatures for processing.

However, if you have opted for G3’s Document Pre-Check Service, you will want to email or fax copies of your application and supporting documents so that we may review them in advance of submission. After they have been reviewed, you will still need to send the original documents to us for processing.

Can G3 assist with processing passports for non-US nationals?

G3 can process passports for US citizens only. Most countries require the applicant to apply for passport services directly with the consulate. Contact G3 if you need assistance finding a consulate for your non-US passport service.


Count on G3's decades of experience and hands-on approach to get you the visa you need, with rush visa processing when you’re moving quickly.

Read More


G3 offers a complete suite of U.S. passport services, with expedited passports available in as little as one to two business days.

Read More


G3's eVisa service offers the ultimate in convenience and reliability, allowing visa procurement even while you’re traveling.

Read More

Document Authentication

G3's Document Authentication team knows the necessary requirements and procedures to ensure your important papers are accepted abroad.

Read More

Contact us for a personal consultation with an expert.

Contact Us

Expedited Service

Getting visas and passports quickly is what we do best. Start the process now, and we'll get you on your way.