Contact Us

Travel Document Services 101

Navigating the world of travel documentation can be a daunting process, which is why those “in the know” count on G3. In our Help Center, you’ll find information to help you understand the industry and answer all your questions as you plan your travel.

General FAQs

Do you have a call center?

No, G3 does not have a call center. All phone calls are answered by visa and passport specialists in our nine offices across the country.

Can I have my application reviewed before I send it in?

Yes, this service is available as part of our Concierge Service, or as a stand-alone Document Pre-Check service.

I'm having a hard time with the India application. Can I get help?

Absolutely! As the application process for India is complex, G3 requires Concierge Service for all India visa requests. You'll be able to fill out a simple questionnaire, email it to G3, and your application will be filled out by an India specialist. Your completed application packet will be emailed back to you to print and sign. Concierge Service is also required for all visa requests for Russia and Saudi Arabia.

My company has a corporate account with G3. Can I also use G3 for personal travel?

You can certainly use G3 for personal travel, for yourself and your family, at your company’s preferred rates. You'll need to provide a personal credit card for billing.

I am going to need a visa for a trip five months from now. Should I download the instructions now?

Visa requirements are constantly changing, and G3 updates our instructions as soon as the embassies and consulates announce any change to consular fees, visa requirements, or applications. To ensure you have up-to-date instructions, you should download your instruction packet when you are ready to apply for your visa.

Visa FAQs

What is a visa?

A visa is a document showing that a person is authorized to enter the territory for which it was issued, subject to permission of an immigration official at the time of actual entry.

What is the difference between a business visa and a work visa?

Business visas are issued to travelers who are visiting a foreign country on behalf of their US employer. Business visas are used for purposes like meetings, site visits, or conferences. Work visas, also called employment visas, are only issued if you will be taking a job in your destination. As a Monsanto traveler, you would only need a work visa if you were being transferred to an office in a different country.

Can I provide a photocopy of my passport to get a visa?

Your physical passport is required by the consular office at the time the visa application is made. The visa itself will be stamped or applied to a page in your physical passport book.

Can I obtain a visa on arrival?

Certain countries allow visas to be obtained by particular nationalities upon arrival into that country. Whenever possible, it is recommended to obtain a visa in advance of travel to avoid possible delays and complications that are subject to occur when obtaining a visa on arrival. You may visit the online visa portal to determine if a visa is available on arrival.

What does where I live in the U.S. have to do with processing my visa?

Certain countries use consular jurisdiction when issuing visas. Meaning, based on the state in which you reside, your visa will be processed through a particular consulate within the U.S. It is possible for consulates to have varying requirement's from one jurisdiction to another.

How do I know if immunizations are required for my trip?

If record of Immunization of required the issuance of a visa, this will be listed in G3’s Required Document Checklist. Often times, certain immunizations will be recommended for travel to particular countries, but will not be required for issuance of a visa. For an up to date list of recommended immunizations visit the CDC's website.

Do the pages in the back of my U.S. passport qualify as visa pages?

The pages in the back of a U.S. passport are used for Amendments and Endorsements made to the passport by the U.S. Department of State only, and foreign countries will not place visas on pages marked as such. Pages available for visa issuance by foreign countries say ‘Visa’ on the top of each page.

I need a visa but I’m a non-US national, can you assist?

If you are a non-US national who legally resides in the United States as either a Resident Alien (Green Card), or valid US visa holder, we can assist with travel outside of the US requiring a visa.

What is a Schengen visa?

Traveling on a Schengen Visa means that the visa holder can travel to any member countries using one single visa. This is particularly beneficial for persons who wish to visit several Schengen countries on the same trip. Visas must be applied for through the first Schengen country of entry, if multiple Schengen countries are being visited on a single trip. Schengen countries include Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, and Poland.

Passport FAQs

What is a Passport Book?

A Passport Book is a document, issued by a national government, which certifies, for the purpose of international travel, the identity and nationality of its holder.

What is a Passport Card?

The U.S. Passport Card can be used for travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry. The passport card is not valid for any international travel by air.

What is a Passport Acceptance Facility?

A Passport Acceptance Facility is typically located at a main branch post office or clerk of court. An authorized agent at the facility will review the passport applicant’s state issued photo ID, proof of citizenship, and passport application, and witness the applicant’s signature on the government form DS-11. To find a facility closest to your location visit

What should I do if I can’t find my Birth Certificate?

Certified copies of Birth Certificates can be ordered by contacting the Department of Vital Statistics in the state in which you were born.  Certified copies of birth certificates, under most circumstances, can be expedited through the online services offered by Vital Chek.

When can I renew my passport?

Passports are eligible for renewal within one year to expiration. It is best to renew a passport prior to it having six months remaining in validity.

Does my child need a passport to travel internationally?

All U.S. nationals, regardless of age, require their own passport for international travel.

Will the passport agency return my passport when I apply for a renewal?

Yes, as long as the passport is deemed to be in good condition, the passport agency will cancel the existing passport and return it along with the newly issued passport.

Can I fax or email G3 my signed documents?

No, the U.S. Department of State requires documents with original, ink to paper, signatures for processing

Can G3 assist with processing passports for non-US nationals?

G3 can process passports for US citizens only. Most countries require the applicant to apply for passport services directly with the consulate. Contact G3 if you need assistance finding a consulate for your non-US passport service.


Count on G3's decades of experience and hands-on approach to get you the visa you need, with rush visa processing when you’re moving quickly.

Read More


G3 offers a complete suite of U.S. passport services, with expedited passports available in as little as one to two business days.

Read More


G3's eVisa service offers the ultimate in convenience and reliability, allowing visa procurement even while you’re traveling.

Read More

Document Authentication

G3's Document Authentication team knows the necessary requirements and procedures to ensure your important papers are accepted abroad.

Read More

Contact us for a personal consultation with an expert.

Contact Us

Expedited Service

Getting visas and passports quickly is what we do best. Start the process now, and we'll get you on your way.